Christ’s College boathouse, built in 1887, is the oldest wooden-framed boathouse on the River Cam, and a familiar landmark.
The increased importance of land based training in what is becoming more of a professionalised sport has resulted in extra training facilities being shoehorned into a boathouse that to date still lacks adequate separate changing facilities for both male and female crews.
It is therefore in serious need of upgrade and expansion if it is to avoid further decay and be fit for purpose for the next hundred years, and beyond.
Every donor who pledges over £10,000 to the project will be given the opportunity to have their name displayed alongside fellow donors inside the boathouse. Naming opportunities of key internal rooms, in recognition of larger gifts, are also available.
To learn more about the project, and to donate, use the links at the top of the page.
Senior Development Officer
+44 (0) 1223 761492
Boat Club website